Saturday, December 4, 2010

ok...here goes....

House is quiet right now...Shannon's at Matty's and Cassidy is on the computer in the back of the house.  Greg has gone to fight with the Best Buy people about why we still don't have the tv we bought a week ago...
So now is a good time to work on writing/editing/ and anything else that takes brainpower...

It's so hard to do any of that with the TV going...I fight the distraction monster on a minute by minute basis...so after I make my grocery list, I'm going to block out about 2 hours of quiet editing....I'm working on Chapter 4...again...trying to take it line by line...read a blog post about line editing that was very helpful as far as how your mind has to be when you're line editing....helped me realize the point of view I need to be looking at the words from....not just the  imaginary reader, but also from the point of is this really necessary?  Do I really need that sentence?  Can I rephrase this without losing what I'm trying to convey?  Those are questions I was asking myself, but not as often as I needed to. 

Twitter has really been helping me find other blogs and helping me see what to do and not do and how to approach writing in general...It's becoming a valuable resource...

No comments:

Post a Comment