Saturday, May 7, 2011

Writer Friends

I've learned from being on Agent Query and Twitter and now Facebook, that writer's aren't just people that sit in their houses and are recluses to the rest of the world.  Where that stereo type came from, I have no idea, but I know in this age of global communication, it's just not true.  All the 'writer types' I've ever asked a question or talked with on Twitter and Agent Query are always the nicest people.  I'm not sure if I've just been lucky so far, since I am a 'newbie' to this community or I'm just smart enough to pick out the good ones...;)  Just kidding on that one. 
It's funny when I refer to my writer friends, they're 'writers' in my brain, while myself, I still don't see as a writer, at all.  I accept a lot of labels and titles, Mom, wife, daughter, music teacher, friend, co-worker, college buddy....but writer.....still trying to wrap my head around that one. 
Sometimes I feel like I'm just hanging around with all my writer friends on Twitter as an 'outsider', hoping the 'cool kids' will allow me in their club.  But in reality, it's not like that at all.  They have all been so welcoming.  Answering questions and just talking has been both a learning experience and a pleasure to get to know new and interesting people.  Alot of the people I 'hang' out with on Twitter and AQ have started a blog called, "From the Write Angle".  They've always got great and informative posts about writing and the business of.  If you didn't know about it, you should definitely check it out.  If I was really smart, I'd be able to link my blog to theirs, but so far, I haven't figured that one out yet...give me some time....I'll work on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment