My Twitter Buddy Jennifer Lopez, yes....that really is her name...lol, posted an event on Facebook that I feel like I need to participate in. The challenge is every day for the whole month of November to post five things you are thankful or grateful for. Everyone needs to do this, especially if they're feeling down or stressed out in their lives. It would do my 17-year-old well to do this. They're so narrow minded in their teens, they usually can't see past their nose and right this minute.
So, I thought I needed to do this. Hopefully it will do two things. First, it will give me something to write about on my blog, because I don't feel like I have a whole lot of interesting things to say ALL the time.
I want to keep my followers, so I thought this might be a good thing. :) Second, it will make me think about little things to be grateful for. It's easy if you just stop and think about it for a minute.
I'm not supposed to start until November 1st, but I thought I'd start today. Just as a warm-up...you know...
I'm a musician..we warm up before we perform...that's just how we roll.
So...5 things I'm grateful for.....hm.....
1. I'm grateful for Fall. For the beauty of the falling leaves and the cool air that has no humidity in it like our air in the summer does. The colors around here are gorgeous.
2. I'm grateful for my daughter's sense of humor. She has autism, so things that she says usually strike us as funny because she's so literal. She likes to make jokes and even memorized some jokes out of a joke book when she was in 5th grade and did a stand up routine. I couldn't believe she did it, but she did and she was funny. Everybody loved it and laughed a lot. I felt kinda bad for the typical kid that came out a few acts later. He wasn't very funny at all and when it was over, everybody congratulated Cassidy on what a good job she did. She would say, "Yeah...I know," when they'd compliment her.
3. I know this is probably not something I should be grateful for, but I'm grateful for chocolate.
I'm just being honest here. I'm sitting at my laptop with a pile of about 5 mini Hershey bar wrappers next to it. Yes. I ate them all. Publix was having buy 1 get 1 free sale on some of their bags of candy for Halloween. Of course, I grabbed it with the pretense I would take it to school, but as long as it's in my house....why not have a few....I bought two bags....;)
4. I'm grateful for my cat, Darcy.
He's brought me and my family a lot of joy after we lost our cat of 17 years, Dagney
It took me over a year before I consented to get another family cat. Losing her was so hard on all of us, I didn't want to get so attached to another animal, but I decided that all the years that he would be happy in our family would be worth it when we finally have to say goodbye to him.
5. And last for today...I'm grateful for my friend Jennifer, who decided to post this on her Facebook wall. She's been a great writer friend and is full of funny things to say. She's also a very talented writer. I've had the privilege of reading some of her short stories and she does a great job. Her blog is Jello World. You need to go check her out if you haven't before.
Make sure to be grateful for something every day. You don't want to waste the short time we have on this earth being angry or having a bad attitude about things.You've got to make the best of every day....or try to at least. :)