I haven't updated this in a while. Teacher evaluations have been looming, which for me, are now over. Praise the Lord and pass me a strong drink, lol. This whole new evaluation process has been....stressful, if nothing else. It's a whole new set of hoops to jump through and some are harder for us music, art, PE, guidance and librarian types just because our subjects are taught differently. Hopefully, by next year, they will tweak this system and it will be more applicable to us and still benefit our kiddos, which is why we're teaching to start with.
So, I know you don't want to hear me whine about my evaluations or the wreck I was in on Monday...so I'll get on with the new meme I was tagged in by my buddy, Dean over at www.deanswritingtime.blogspot.com
First of all, let me just say 'Thank you Dean for tagging me.' I'm waving now. :) I appreciate you thinking of me. I was thinking since I've been a little more absent from twitter and blogging lately that everybody would forget about me. Out of sight, out of mind, you know? So I definitely appreciate not being forgotten about.
Also, in the same meme, my buddy Cherie over at www.readywritego.blogspot.com tagged me in the same meme. She said she thought it was because I was popular...she's so funny.
So both of my blogging/twitter buddies have awarded me:
So here's the deal with the blog award. You know memes...there are always these rules you have to follow.
1. I have to create a blog post about the award...which I'm doing right now...so, check that one off.
2. In the same post, thank the blogger that tagged you and put a link to their blog in the post. Done that. Check.
3. Nominate 15 other people for this award and let them know. That one will be a challenge. I'm not sure I know 15 people...hm...I may have to cheat on that one...lol I'm not sure whose been tagged and who hasn't, so there will probably be some repeats. I'll cruise some blogs to see.
4. Post 7 random things about yourself. This one will be interesting. I think instead of looking to see what other people have written, I'm going to post the first 7 things that pop in my head about myself. My brain is full of several random thoughts at any given moment, so this part shouldn't be too hard.
Random things about me: Hm....
1. I just painted my kitchen maroon and really dark brown...like dark chocolate.. I LOVE IT!
2. I'm a really fast typer if I'm typing words that I'm thinking of, but if I'm looking at something, I'm constantly having to go back and correct stuff. Took a typing test recently and figured this out. I completely sucked on the test.
3. I love my cat. I mean, I really love him. He's so funny. He climbed my ladder in the kitchen when I was painting. He asks me to pick him up and he snuggles my shoulder like a baby. He's the furry son I never had... and he fetches hair ties.
4. I suck at bowling, but I still like it.
5. I'm addicted to coffee with any kind of sweet creamer in it. Preferably fat-free french vanilla, which is why I'm so freakin' over weight.
6. I can burp really loud and it makes my husband laugh every time I do it if he's close.
7. I love Australian and British accents. Wish I had one. I have to stick to my southern/country one.
Ok, I think I'm done now. My daughter, the youngest one, is yelling from the living room overwhelmed and excited about everything she's seeing on the Kid's Choice awards show. And I'm having trouble thinking about typing when she's yelling at me to watch it..lol. So kudos to Nickolodeon. They've put on a great show again and I've got one kid that will watch it over and over when it goes on demand. ;)