Sunday, April 1, 2012

A-Z Blog Challenge....here we go!

I was talking to some twitter friends last night and found out about this blog challenge. It sounded like a good way to wake my blog back up, since it's been on vacation for a little while.
So the challenge is easy enough and it's great for networking.

Blog posts have to start with the assigned letter of the alphabet on a certain day. I got so into it last night I wrote out three quick blog posts with pictures and saved them. This morning, I couldn't get it to copy to my blog, so here I am starting over again...just my luck...

So here's the first one...

A.....is for Australia

I want to visit there for sure before I die. I want to visit the Australia Zoo and then Perth and Alice Springs. I love their accents so much I have two characters in my manuscript from those two cities. I know Alice Springs is in the desert, but that's ok. It would still be great to visit there for 'research' purposes...everybody nod your head and agree with me. 

Come visit me fellow A-Zer's ...my posts will always be short and sweet!
 

11 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit Australia too! I have a friend who lives there and she's been after me to go! Need to win a lottery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...that's me too Jemi..one day though, I'm goin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go there too! Its on my list of things to do someday has been since I was twelve. Maybe we could all book a flight together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne! Great start to the A to Z Challenge.

    Susanne
    PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Just last night? Welcome in!

    Stopping in as an A to Z Blogging Challenge participant. Please feel free to visit and comment on any of my blogs as well, leaving a link to your own post, so my readers can find you too!

    All on Blogspot.com and all in the A to Z Challenge

    Meme Express: Blog Prompts & Topics for Writers
    Nickers and Ink: Poetry & Humor
    Heart of a Ready Writer: Bible and Devotional
    Practically at Home: Home & How-To’s
    The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers
    Working in Words: Tips for Writers

    You can click my name/icon for links to all these blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to several countries during my time in the military, but I've never been to Australia either. I should put that on my bucket list!

    Stopping by from the A-Z Challenge, blogging at Ross County Roundup and Write, Wrong or Indifferent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had an Australian unit mate in college. She was a lovely person. Her accent wasn't as strong--she'd been in the US long enough to get her accent diluted a bit. But when her family came for her wedding, oh man, we couldn't understand what they were saying. By the second day though, we got used to it. :)

    Glad you joined the challenge, though I feel slightly responsible now for it. Hehehe! We will NEVER vote you off the island!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also joined A to Z Challenge the night before it started. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dropping by on the way from A to Z. Have you seen the movie Australia? I really enjoyed that one.

    Drop by...www.angeladmeyer.com

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I've never considered visiting the "Outback" before! I bet that would be fun!

    ps Next time I eat an Alice Spring's Chicken, I'll think of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cherie--I hold you totally accountable for getting me into this...lol. :)

    Angela--I have seen that movie..over and over and over. Hugh Jackman...*sigh*

    Thanks Jen! I really am enjoying finding some new writer friends.

    AM-They make Alice Spring's Chicken?? Hm...
    Every time I see an owl in a store I want to take a pic of it for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete