Monday, April 9, 2012

I is for Ireland



This is a place I feel close to even though I’ve never set foot on the ground there.  I’m not really sure how to explain it. Maybe it’s because I have red hair, green eyes and fair skin. Maybe it’s because I’m ‘as stubborn as the day is long’.  That’s a quote from my mother.
Whatever the reason, I feel drawn to the whole U.K. When I was in college, I traveled to London for a choir trip. I felt the connection there too. Like I belonged there or something.
Just browsing through pictures of Ireland for this post makes me want to hop on a plane and go stand on the cliffs and feel the wind off the ocean. It’s probably a cold biting wind, but I’d still like to feel it.
I’ve taught several songs that have an Irish or Scottish origin for all different age groups, which I love.
At some point, I want to set a story there. Maybe when I’m making money as a writer (not holding my breath there) I’ll be able to travel to all the places I write about ….you know…for research.

3 comments:

  1. Other than the part about traveling there with a choir, you described how I feel about Ireland perfectly. I've always wanted to live there. I SWORE I would when I was younger...before life caught up with me and my heart got stolen by my DH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...husbands have a way of doing that...;)Maybe when all of the posse's books are published and we have money to travel with, we can take a trip there. How fun would THAT be??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard from friends who've gone there that it's beautiful but chilly, even in July. I love the beauty of the cliffs.

    The place I was drawn to for most of my life was India. I always thought I'd go there, and that there was some special connection to me and India. Now, I'm not so sure anymore. Nice to meet you.

    What do you write?

    ReplyDelete