Thursday, April 12, 2012

L is for.....LOVE

I know...lame. Don't judge me.

I'm a sucker for a good love story. There ...I said it.
Some of my favorite movies have a 'love theme'. (And I'm not talking about a hit song)
"Sleepless in Seattle' and 'You've got Mail'--I love Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks together. Both of these are sweet romantic comedies.
'While you were Sleeping,' (maybe I'm just tired...) Funny and sweet love story
'Twister'--that one mixes love with tornado chasing--two of my favorite things.

'Australia' is one of my favorite 'sweeping' love stories. I think because of the way it's shot.I love the story, the scenery...all of it..

I love to write. I love to write stories about love. Even though my technique and sentence structure still needs work and I'm sure a hundred other issues with my writing, the foundation of all of it is the story. This is where my strength lies. I've been blessed with a great imagination. Ideas about where stories could go never cease to flow out of my brain.  Maybe it's from growing up watching Days of Our Lives when I was little.

Where ever this blessing came from, I want to use it to tell stories. When I write a story, there's a lot of emotion going on. Probably, because I'm an emotional person. That's what I've been able to do with my own words. I have scenes I just LOVE because no matter how many times I read them, they make me cry.

That must be pretty good...right?

Not that everything I write is full of sob-i-licious scenes, but I tend to write with a ton of emotion. Although, I can't stand it when one of the main characters dies. That just freakin' kills me.
So I promise you...unless it just CAN'T be helped, I vow never to kill off one of my 'top tier' main characters. Friends of characters are fair game though..;)

I can also promise you that I will try to create the best love stories my brain will allow.
And hopefully, they'll be good enough for you to want to spend your hard earned money on.

5 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I totally freaked out when I came to your blog...LOL! I was like "L? LOVE? Did I skip a litter in the alphabet????" But no, you posted on Sunday so you're just a day ahead of me...whew!!

    Love is inescapable. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I don't think it's lame at all. Where would half the songs, poems, books or people be without love? And I hope to read one of your love stories someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha--I grew up watching "Days" too! One semester at college, I actually scheduled my classes around the show, lol :o)

    I'm right there with you--I love a good love story ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. I'm all for a good love story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you much fun in your love story writing, by the number of Love post for L day I would say you have picked a topic that we never tire of ...visiting from a to z

    ReplyDelete