Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for .....Ummm and V is for Vampire

I don't know about you, but I catch myself saying 'Ummm', way more than I should. It's such a bad habit. A lot of times my brain will go completely blank and I'll search for the word that has suddenly hidden itself behind a bush in my frontal lobe.
Sometimes I can find the word. It'll come popping out from behind the bush, "Here I am" and sometimes I can't. It seems like my old pal, 'Umm' is there to help me locate whatever thought I've lost.
Still, if over used, Ummm can be really annoying.

V is for Vampire

This is almost too easy.
I have a confession to make. I used to be SO afraid of vampires. I had a fear of fangs. Can you believe that? So I didn't really get over my 'Fang-fear' until I was drug into Dracula, with Gary Oldman. Finally, I faced my fear head on. When I was little, I'd seen flashes of Christopher Lee in movie clips and things like that and let me tell you. He was FREAKIN' scary looking.




It's his fault. Look at him. He's the originator of my Fang Fear....see????

So then, after we got married, Dracula, with Gary Oldman came out in the theater. Already an improvement...

Yeah, he had fangs, but he was much better looking...and then...there came....

Edward...Dang. Hot vamps are all the rage now. You can close your eyes and throw a rock at the YA section in any bookstore and hit a vamp book without even trying. He's my favorite. Can't help it. After reading all the books and seeing the first movie, Rob inspired me to want to write another story using him as the actor, but in a different character. But I'll always be grateful to Edward. And I'll always be grateful to Stephenie Meyer for being able to come up with a believable set of vamps that didn't have over-sized canines to mess up their beautiful faces.
If I'm doing this in chronological order, first came Edward and then came Eric. Rob is still my favorite. Just clarifying that.

Yes...I'm a True Blood fan from the first episode. Me and my husband are both addicted. It's one of the few shows we both agree that we don't want to miss. He has his reason (Sookie) and I have mine ....Eric.


3 comments:

  1. You're into vamps, eh? I personally like the creepy ones. Dunno, I'm twisted like that I guess. Though, come to think of it, I liked Anne Rice's vamps too, and they were pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you like my Christopher Lee vamp? He still freaks me out to this day...and I know those are fake fangs..but still...Creepy fang-banger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edward is my favorite too! ;-) New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete