Sunday, April 29, 2012

X...Y...and Z...

Well...I got a little sidetracked the past two days. I turned one year older yesterday and barely had time to go out to eat with my husband. We did make it though and it was a lovely meal, but my poor little blog got neglected in all the hullaballoo...
So here we are at the end of the A-Z challenge.
I needed an alarm to help me remember to post something. My life is pretty busy, like everyone else. I've enjoyed meeting some new blogger buddies and will enjoy reading their blogs from now on. I need to be more diligent about blogging, but right now, it's just hard to remember to squeeze it in. So here are my last three posts for A-Z. :)

X is for Xylophones. I had to do this one because I share a music room with a whole table stacked with xylophones, metallophones, and glockenspiels. I'm a elementary music teacher and these are the tools of my trade. THis is a set from the West Music catalog. That's usually where we buy our instruments from. In this pic is a Bass Xylophone (largest), an Alto Xylophone(xylos have wood bars), an Alto Metallophone, a Soprano Xylophone an Alto Glockenspiel  and a Soprano Glockenspiel(smallest). This is a basic Orff set that music teachers use. We have a ton more of each of these, except for the bass. We have one bass Xylophone and one Bass Metalllophone because they cost so much.




Y....Yawn....I seem to be doing a lot of that lately. I probably don't get enough sleep, but such is the life of a mom. :)



Z...Zebra print
      I have a teenager who wants her room to be painted pink with zebra print accents Like comforter, sheets, pillows...zebra.....
She'll be eighteen in May so I have a feeling most of what she gets for her birthday will have some sort of zebra print on it. She's already zebra-ed up her car. She got a steering wheel cover, floor mats  seat covers and seat belt covers for Christmas. And her phone case is zebra...you would think that would be enough....now it's spreading to her bedroom....lol. So what to do...I've already bought the paint so she can paint her room this summer. It's been the same red, white and blue stars and stripes since she was eight, so I guess she was due. ;)
I'll post some pictures at the end of the summer or when we get it finished..which ever comes first. :)

I found this pictures and I think this is what she has in mind, except I'm not putting black paint on the walls because it'll get on EVERYTHING else in the process. The pink will be enough...lol I might cave in and paint the blue stripes on her wall black, but that will be a very small can of black paint...This does look cute though.




7 comments:

  1. Zebra. Well, it could be worse and she could have an affinity for snakes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does look cute!

    When I was in a different school I found a stack of xylophones. I had 1 piano in my class and one in the nearby hall. Then we found a dozen ukuleles. I had one of my kids figure out how to play them, they teach the others. Music class was SOOOOO much fun! Not sure how the neighbours felt about it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is cute. It must be the age because I know a few zebra loving teens.

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Congratulations on finishing the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I look at this picture, the more I want to paint her whole wall black. It's just that one wall...am I an idiot???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I ended up painting the wall behind her bed and the wall with her door...the rest is pink. Turned out really well. Took FOREVER to get it done, but it's pretty much done. Got to go back over all the white trim where I got black paint on her storage doors. I need to post pictures now that I'm pretty much done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...it's been over a year and I realized I still haven't posted pictures of what her room looks like. It turned out better than I thought it would. And She loves it...when she's home. She'll be a sophomore in college in the fall, so although she's commuting back and forth (we live in a big college town) we still don't see much of her...lol.

    ReplyDelete