Monday, April 23, 2012

S is for....Shannon and T is for Think

Ok...so I'm doubling up again because of the Prom, which by the way, went off without a hitch. I was very proud and excited. I got her zipper zipped without breaking, his boutonniere on without any blood (mine or his) got make up/hair/shoes/purse/clothes for both of them for the after party/ and took quite a few really good pictures. Everybody had a lot of fun. Next year I'm taking off the whole day instead of just half a day, so we're not quite so rushed. That will be the only thing I tweak for next year. So, my oldest baby, Shannon....she's a junior and this was her first Prom. Needless to say, she looked beautiful and completely happy next to her boyfriend, Austin. They were so cute. Both of them were  a bundle of nerves until we started taking pictures. After that, they relaxed and enjoyed it, which was my goal all along.
So now that you've heard all about it, here are two pictures from their special night.
Yeah...I know...they're so freakin' cute. I'm so proud of her. She's growing into a fine young lady.

So that's what I did on Friday, tried to recover from staying up so late on Friday night, so I paid for it the next day...all day...

Now for T.....
The first thing I thought of was Think....

Think, think think.....think Pooh, think.....
All that comes up is how my brain wants to go in so many different directions. Sometimes, it's a creative thing and I can use it to my advantage, but sometimes....my distracted brain has  a hard time remembering things. Sucks. This is not a new thing. Hasn't gotten worse with age. It's always been this bad. My grandmother used to say I was living too fast. She was probably right.

So then, my brain goes in a different direction....told you it would.

Stinkin' thinkin'.
That's the perfectionism part of my personality that keeps me from doing something, like cleaning my house, or writing my book, because I think it has to be perfect. This term comes from 'The Flylady'. If you've never heard of her, I'm going to do you a huge favor and give you her free website. It's SO cute and so helpful. She's always so encouraging because she's been there. I need to get back on some of her routines. When I did them and got rid of my Stinkin' Thinkin', my house was cleaner and I felt like I could do more. I've fallen off the Flylady bandwagon. I need to get back on it so I can finish this dang book....yes. I said dang. I'm from the country--don't judge me. ;)
Here's the flylady's website. She's wonderful! www.flylady.net  If you have trouble cleaning your house or finishing projects, she can help. www.flylady.net

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job- they look perfect. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs in April. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Sharkbytes. Love the name! I'll definitely stop by yours. :)

    ReplyDelete