Monday, April 16, 2012

N...This is getting harder and harder

N stands for....a bunch of stuff....

I don't know if it's my ADD brain or what, but I have trouble talking about just one thing on these posts, so I'm going to come up with some random N words. :)

Nice-This is a word that describes me the majority of the time. I use it quite a bit since I teach elementary school. 'Be nice to people and they'll be nice to you'. I have to be nice to my co-workers because I have to be able to get a long with every body in the whole school. Lucky for me, I'm a basically positive person, so most of the time, it's not a stretch for my personality.

No-Since I work in an elementary school, I use this word too. A lot. 'No, you may not sit in that chair on two legs when it needs four, unless you want to fall.' No, we're not playing 'Freeze Dance' today-stop asking me. ;)

Nickleback-I love their edgy sound. Since I'm a music teacher, I should be doing something musical with every letter...why am I just now thinking of this??? 'Their song 'If Today was your last day' is on my playlist for my novel(s) that I'm writing. Some of the songs hold specific scenes in my mind and others on the playlist hold just how characters are feeling. I'm not sure in the final outcome if that song will stay, but I still like it even if it doesn't . It has a great message.

And last but not least...don't ask me why I'm just now thinking of this one ..."Never Alone". This is a collaboration song by Jim Brickman with Lady Antebellum singing the lyrics. This song spoke to me on so many levels that I not only use it in my playlist for a specific scene in my book, but also for the novel's title. When I say that, I mean, when I play that song, I can see and hear everything going on in the scene. Every emotion, every word that comes out of my characters' mouths...all of it. It's as clear as if I watching it on TV.
Love. That. Song.

3 comments:

  1. N- NO FREAKING WAY you could get me to do this around the world alphabet blog thing--you inspire me, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee...thanks Rook...it's only now starting to get harder...not sure why..;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is getting harder LOL. Maybe we can talk Lee into doing a half an alphabet challenge next year?

    Nice to meet you, and I hope you're enjoying the Challenge!

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete