Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

2015 Was a year of changes for our family. For sure.

The biggest change was our new addition:  Punkin' Pie. You know that old joke, 'Let me tell you about my grandkids.'  And how everybody that doesn't have grandkids rolls their eyes at the offending grandparent? I totally get that now. I will officially become an offending grandparent.

Cutest. baby. ever.

So one of my goals was to get one of my books published, which, unfortunately, didn't happen yet. But since the preparation and arrival of the grandchild took nine months, I'm going to give myself a pass. I might've been a little distracted this year.

You know everybody has a year end list, but I want this to be a 'looking ahead' list.

Here are some of my top happenings of 2016, that I know of.

1.  I'm going to be 50 in April. So that is a huge deal...er...milestone, or it just means the clock's ticking and if I have things I want to get done, I'd better get on it.

2.  In 2016, I'm going to have a better handle on the whole Nannie thing, so it'll be easier to write/edit etc...I hope.

3.  2016 is an even number...for some reason, I just like it better...lol.

4.  This summer, we're planning a Goat Stampede. This is where the Goat Posse members get together from all parts of the U.S. in one place and have the BEST time. We have so many members in so many different places in their writing journeys, but when we're together, it doesn't matter. We enjoy hanging out with each other so much. It beats all odds of probability that we would all get along so well, but we do.

5. We have two books, (that I know of) coming out this year in the Goat Posse. Of Delicate Pieces by A. Lynden Rolland and Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate. These are both going to be excellent books. I can not wait to get my hands on both of them. That's a definite positive for the year. I'm hoping mine will be number 3.

6. Hoping to get an online store started for my daughter with Autism. She has discovered jewelry making and just loves it. One of my best buddies showed her how to do it and she's taken to it like a fish to water. So I'm hoping to sell some of her creations and save the money for her for down the road when me and her daddy aren't here any more to take care of her. And buy more beads with some of it too..lol...because beads are expensive! This is a goal I'm shooting for. I'm hoping I have the time to do this.

Here's hoping your 2016 is full of love, laughter, good food and family.

1 comment:

  1. Ghostbusters Movie 2016 Fantastic article ! You havemade some very astute statements and I appreciate the the effort you have put into your writing. Its clear that you know what you are writing about.New Action Movies | I am excited to read more of your sites content.| Movies 2016

    ReplyDelete