Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 1

Ok...this is my first post on my way to hopefully becoming a better writer.  I dedicate this writing experiment to Kris Trolinger, who's been doing this on Facebook for the past year.  She started on her birthday, but I didn't want to wait until Spring to start.  I'm impatient that way.
I met Kris at MTSU in the Band of Blue my junior year (I think) of college.  She twirled a rifle and a flag and we marched together in guard the next two years.  We share several mutual friends and shared many fun times together on and off the field.  As with a lot of friends, everybody grows up, gets married and starts their 'adult' lives.
I recently found Kris again, about 20 years later, and have enjoyed being in contact with her again.  Now that we're all grown up, she's grown into an intelligent and very funny person.  When we were in college, she was always so quiet.  Who knew there was such a wit hiding underneath all her shyness?
I see promise in her writing and have encouraged her to write for real.  From what she said on her wall, her job seems to be stifling her creativity.  I think that's why she started her own 'blog' posts on Facebook.  I love her voice and point of view when she writes.  You can always see everything she's talking about.  Sometimes she posts a picture with what she writes, just to give the reader a little more...You can't write a whole chapter in a Facebook post.  At some point, I'll tell her I've written about her and am taking her great idea and trying it for myself.  Hopefully, when she reads this, she'll be proud to be a part of it.  This is a picture I stole from Kris' page is of Kris and our former guard instructor Bo.  I love them both.  I figured if she had this on her Facebook page already, that it wouldn't be a big deal for me to have it on here.  Kris, you've really inspired me in all your daily posts.  I hope I can do half as well.  :)   Love you girl.  LLL for ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment