Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stealing a really good idea

I have a friend I went to college with that has committed to write something every single day on Facebook...365 days....she's WAY dedicated.  What a great exercise in writing.  Her posts are always interesting.  I think she would be a great writer.  Her voice is strong and funny at the same time.  I wish I could be that dedicated.  She started this project on her birthday last year and will end it on her birthday...except, I hope she doesn't end it.  I always look forward to hearing about what she's seen or what experiences she's had that day.  Most of them are mundane things, but the way she writes about them make them so relatable and sometimes thought provoking, it keeps me interested.  My only worry that is if I attempted to make this sort of commitment, would I be able to stick to it?  I'm not sure.  I've told myself that I wanted to post more often on this blog, just to give myself an outlet to write and write about writing.....This would hopefully make me remember to put something on here.  Maybe, if I knew I had to write about something on this blog, I might take more notice of things that go on around me...like a good writer does.

All it could do is help me....:)  That's my goal...I want to be a better writer...and I'm hoping this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment